In the 1870s the representatives of E.V. Smith of France owned 1,312 acres and John L. Smith of France owned 4,534 acres in county Tipperary. Location and references suggest that the Smiths were related to the Mahers and possibly to the Countess De Boisi. Burke's Irish Family Records records the marriage of Marianne Maher sister of John Maher of Tullamaine Castle and Valentine of Turtulla
to Edmund Smyth. A reference in the book ''Some Historical Notices of the O'Meaghers of Ikerrin'' states that she married Lorenzo Smith. The Countess De Boisi of Paris and Lary John Smyth also of Paris owned 2,502 acres in county Clare, 1,547 acres in county Limerick and 364 acres in county Tipperary in the 1870s. Lorenzo John Smith held 136 acres of untenanted land at Turtulla in 1906 and the representatives of Lorenzo J. Smith held over 400 acres of untenanted land at Ballybeg, parish of Twomileborris, barony of Eliogarty, county Tipperary, which was previously part of the Maher estate. Griffith's Valuation records a Lawrence Smith holding land in the parish of Kilvemnon, barony of Slievardagh, county Tipperary.