In the 1870s the Countess of Milltown, Blessington, county Wicklow, owned 1,210 acres in county Tipperary and 920 acres in King's County. In 1871 the 6th Earl married Lady Geraldine Evelyn Stanhope, youngest daughter and co heiress of Leicester, 5th Earl of Harrington but the person referred too is more likely the Dowager Countess, who was Barbara, daughter of Sir Joshua Colles Meredyth and widow of Eyre, 3rd Baron Castlecoote, when she married the 5th Earl of Milltown in 1828. She died in 1874. In the mid 19th century the Earl of Milltown held land in the parishes of Rahelty and Twomileborris, barony of Eliogarty, county Tipperary. Bateman refers to the Earl of Milltown owning property in counties Dublin and Tipperary in 1883.