Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Taylor and Skinner record General Gabbet as the proprietor in the 1770s. This house was occupied by J. S. Handcock in 1837 and by Maurice Studdert in the early 1850s and held from Sir John Carden. The buildings were valued at £15.10 shillings. In 1840 it was described in the Ordnance Survey Name Books as "a good dwelling house with ornamental grounds, the residence of Thomas Purvis". Later leased to the Woodwards and still in use as a residence.
|Prospect East||Cloghprior||Nenagh||Knigh 86||Lower Ormond||Tipperary||
R861 875 Discovery map #59. OS Sheet #14.
The home of the Woodward family until sold to Edwin Cuthbert in 1844. The Ordnance Survey Name Books describes it as "at present in a state of very bad repair, but bears marks of ancient splendour". Held by Edwin Cuthbert in fee at the time of Griffith's Valuation and valued at £5.5 shillings. Daniel Grace writes that it was renovated by John Flower circa 1860s and leased to John Talbot. The Talbot family continued to reside at Cloghprior until the early 20th century.
|Cloghprior||Cloghprior||Borrisokane||Cloghprior 8||Lower Ormond||Tipperary||
R859 890 Discovery map #59. OS Sheet #9.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links