Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Lewis records Milford as the occasional residence of Ralph Smith. By the early 1850s it was occupied by Thomas Bunbury and held from William Woods. Bence Jones writes that it was the home of Edmond Murphy who died in 1882. In 1840, he Ordnance Survey Name Books refer to the house as the residence of John Monsell and describe the demesne as "principally composed of plantation and ornamental grounds".
|Milford||Aglishcloghane||Borrisokane||Aglishcloghane 16||Lower Ormond||Tipperary||
R912 992 Discovery map #53. OS Sheet #7.
Lewis records R. Monsell as resident at Slevoir in 1837. The Reverend Francis Synge was the occupier at the time of Griffith's Valuation, holding the property from the representatives of Mr Steele. The buildings were valued at £34. The National Inventory of Architectural Heritage states that the present house was built in the Italianate style in the 1870s for Lieutenant Colonel J.F. Hickey by John McCurdy. In the early 1940s General Carlos J. Hickie was the owner and the house contained very beautiful furnishings and valuable family pictures according to the Irish Tourist Association surveyor. This house sold for over £3 million in 2000 and was offered for sale again in 2011.
|Slevoir||Terryglass||Borrisokane||Terryglass 19||Lower Ormond||Tipperary||
M873 016 Discovery map #53. OS Sheet #4.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links