Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Duckspool or Clashnalachan
At the time of Griffith's Valuation, George Boate was leasing Duckspool to P.C. Howley, when it was valued at £29. Lewis refers to it as the seat of J.M. Galwey in 1837. In 1786 Wilson notes it as the seat of Mr. Boate. On the 25-inch map of the 1890s it is labelled Clashnalachan. In 1906 it was the property of Charles Nugent Humble and valued at £11. A house is still extant at the site.
|Duckspool||Dungarvan||Dungarvan||Dungarvan Rural 20||Decies without Drum||Waterford||
X278943 Discovery map #82. OS Sheet #31.
In 1851, Beresford Boate was leasing this property from George Boate when it was valued at £18. Lewis refers to it as the seat of B. Boate in 1837. A house is still extant at the site though extensive modern development has taken place in the area.
|Tournore||Dungarvan||Dungarvan||Dungarvan Rural 20||Decies without Drum||Waterford||
X271942 Discovery map #82. OS Sheet #31.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links