Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
The Ordnance Survey Name Books refer to Tinnakilly House and Observatory in the townland of Stonestown, the residence of Robert Robinson in 1840. The property was for sale in the Encumbered Estates' Court in February 1851. The sale details state that it was erected at a cost of £6,000 in 1830. It was altered by the Marshalls and renamed Baronne Court. Reverend Joseph Marshall is recorded as the occupier of the house valued at £53 at the time of Griffith's Valuation. The Reverend Joseph held the property in fee. William K. Marshall was recorded by Slater as the proprietor in 1894. This house is now demolished although the farm buildings still remain.
|Stonestown||Loughkeen||Birr||Carrig 1||Lower Ormond||Tipperary||
N040 032 Discovery map #53. OS Sheet #5.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links