In the mid 19th century Alexander George Richey, historian and author of books on land law, held an estate of about 13,500 acres in the parishes of Kilcommon and Kilmore, barony of Erris, county Mayo, from the Ecclesiastical Commissioners, on a lease in perpetuity, the last renewal dated 14 Mar 1857. Two months later the Encumbered Estates' Court conveyed the Richey estate to the Reverend Sir William Palmer. In 1869 and 1870 Palmer resold the estate in parts to Sir Alan Bellingham and John Reilly. In 1876 Alexander Richey owned 64 acres in county Mayo, which was later acquired by the Congested Districts' Board. The Richeys were related to the Brownes of Raheens.
National Archives of Ireland:
Landed Estates' Court Rentals (O'Brien), Palmer, 4 July 1862, 17 June & 4 Nov 1870, Vols 66, 97 & 99, MRGS 39/033, 39/0046, 39/0047 (microfilm copies in NUIG)