Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Lackeen House is an early 18th structure attached to part of a 17th century house. John Baily was the proprietor of Lackeen Castle, Parsonstown [Birr], in 1814 and in the mid 19th century the house valued at £12.10 shillings was occupied by Hamilton English and held from Lord Cremore. This house is now unoccupied.
|Abbeville||Lorrha||Nenagh||Lorrha East 17||Lower Ormond||Tipperary||
M951 042 Discovery map #53. OS Sheet #4.
Reverend Craddock was leasing this property from the McGuire estate at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £15 10s. The house is labelled Colligan Lodge in the 25-inch Ordnance Survey map of the 1890s. The famous greyhound "Master McGrath" was born at Colligan Lodge in 1866, when it was the home of James Galwey. In 1906 it is recorded as part of the Earl of Dartry's estate and valued at almost £25. Waterford County Museum researchers note that the building was dismantled in the 1940s.
|Colligan More||Colligan||Dungarvan||Colligan||Decies without Drum||Waterford||
X213976 Discovery map #82. OS Sheet #30.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links