Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Lewis records Clifton as the seat of Captain Sheppard. The Ordnance Survey Name Books refer to it as "a modern building, the residence of Capt. Sheppard" in 1841. Arthur Sheppard [?] was the occupier at the time of Griffith's Valuation. He held the property from Thomas Pyke and the buildings were valued at £14.10 shillings. The National Inventory of Architectural Heritage records the present house as dating from 1868.
|Kilcunnahin Beg||Ballingarry||Borrisokane||Ballingarry 12||Lower Ormond||Tipperary||
S010 945 Discovery map #53. OS Sheet #11.
The Sheppards were living here from at least the 1770s.In 1786 Wilson refers to Castle Sheppard as the seat of "Mr. Shepherd". It was the home of a junior branch of the family. William Sheppard was resident in 1837 and in the early 1850s when the house was valued at £26 and held from Lord Ashtown. William died at Castle Sheppard in 1852 without heirs and both his brothers died unmarried in India. Valued at £18 in 1906 and occupied by the Honourable Cosby G. Trench. This house is now a ruin.
|Creeragh||Uskane||Borrisokane||Ballingarry 12||Lower Ormond||Tipperary||
R978 952 Discovery map #53. OS Sheet #8.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links