Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
The home of the Walsh family in the 18th and first half of the 19th centuries. Taylor and Skinner record Walsh Esq as resident at Derrylaghan [Walshpark]. The Ordnance Survey Name Books refer to the demesne as having plantations and ornamental grounds and to the house as "a good dwelling house, the residence of Jonathan Walsh" in 1840. . In the mid 19th century it was occupied by the representatives of Jonathan Walsh who held the property in fee. The house was valued at £33. This house was demolished by the early 20th century.
|Walshpark||Dorrha||Birr||Graigue 3||Lower Ormond||Tipperary||
M999 050 Discovery map #53. OS Sheet #5.
J.W. Walsh is noted as the proprietor of Curraghglass in the Ordnance Survey Name Books of 1841. In the mid 19th century Thomas Meara occupied a house valued at £11 and held from the representatives of Jonathan Walsh. There is still a building located at this site.
|Curraghglass||Lorrha||Borrisokane||Lorrha East 17||Lower Ormond||Tipperary||
M942 053 Discovery map #53. OS Sheet #4.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links