Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
In the 1770s Abbot Esq was residing at Rahanane close to Ballingarry. Wilson, writing in 1786, also refers to Rahanane as the seat of Mr. Abbott. The house is named South Park on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map and was the home of a branch of the Atkinson family, occupied by Anthony Atkinson in 1814 and by C. Atkinson in 1837. Charles Atkinson held the property from Lord Ashtown at the time of Griffith's Valuation when the house was valued at £22. The estate of Edward Evans of Southpark, 174 acres in the barony of Lower Ormond, was advertised for sale in December 1859. South Park is still extant.
|Rahinane||Ballingarry||Borrisokane||Ballingarry 12||Lower Ormond||Tipperary||
R975 968 Discovery map #53. OS Sheet #8.
Ashleypark was occupied by the Heads from at least the 1770s. It was the home of John Head in 1814. It became the seat of a branch of the Atkinson family when purchased by George Guy Atkinson in 1824. G. Atkinson was the proprietor in 1837. George Atkinson held the property in fee at the time of Griffith's Valuation when the buildings were valued at £23.10 shillings. Thomas Biggs of the Bellevue family married Alice Margery Atkinson in 1903. The house was valued at £35 and occupied by Thomas B. Biggs Atkinson in 1906. His niece Zelie Biggs eventually inherited Ashleypark. The house was sold to Sean and Nora Mounsey in 1983. It now functions as a guest house.
|Ashleypark||Cloghprior||Nenagh||Ardcrony 83||Lower Ormond||Tipperary||
R879 861 Discovery map #59. OS Sheet #15.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links