Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
In the mid 19th century Benjamin Armitage occupied a house valued at £10 in Gortnagrann which he held with 243 acres from William Woods. The Ordnance Survey Name Books note it as being occupied by Mr. Armitage in 1841. The site is now occupied by farm buildings.
|Gortnagrann||Aglishcloghane||Borrisokane||Aglishcloghane 16||Lower Ormond||Tipperary||
R903 989 Discovery map #53. OS Sheet #7.
Lewis records Milford as the occasional residence of Ralph Smith. By the early 1850s it was occupied by Thomas Bunbury and held from William Woods. Bence Jones writes that it was the home of Edmond Murphy who died in 1882. In 1840, he Ordnance Survey Name Books refer to the house as the residence of John Monsell and describe the demesne as "principally composed of plantation and ornamental grounds".
|Milford||Aglishcloghane||Borrisokane||Aglishcloghane 16||Lower Ormond||Tipperary||
R912 992 Discovery map #53. OS Sheet #7.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links