Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
The home of the Minnitt family in the 18th and 19th centuries, occupied by Joshua Minnitt in 1814. The Ordnance Survey name books describe it as " good dwelling house" in 1840. It wa the residence of Joshua R. Minnitt in 1837 and in the early 1850s. He held the property from the representatives of Eccles Cuthbert and the house was valued at £37. This house is still a country residence.
|Annaghbeg||Dromineer||Nenagh||Monsea 87||Lower Ormond||Tipperary||
R827 848 Discovery map #59. OS Sheet #14.
The home of the Woodward family until sold to Edwin Cuthbert in 1844. The Ordnance Survey Name Books describes it as "at present in a state of very bad repair, but bears marks of ancient splendour". Held by Edwin Cuthbert in fee at the time of Griffith's Valuation and valued at £5.5 shillings. Daniel Grace writes that it was renovated by John Flower circa 1860s and leased to John Talbot. The Talbot family continued to reside at Cloghprior until the early 20th century.
|Cloghprior||Cloghprior||Borrisokane||Cloghprior 8||Lower Ormond||Tipperary||
R859 890 Discovery map #59. OS Sheet #9.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links