Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Coolagh is described in the Ordnance Survey Name Books as "a good dwelling house in a small demesne with plantation and ornamental ground" in 1841. It was occupied by John Brindley in the mid 19th century. Valued at £12+ it was held from the Very Reverend Dean Head. It is still extant.
|Coolagh||Ballynaclogh||Nenagh||Ballynaclogh 84||Upper Ormond||Tipperary||
R889 744 Discovery map #59. OS Sheet #27.
In 1840 the Ordnance Survey Name Books refer to "Happy Grove" as "the name of the place and residence of Mr. John Brindley" and gives details of the oatmeal mill in the demesne. Samuel Brindley was the proprietor of a corn mill and house at Clonmore in the mid 19th century. He held the property from Lord Dunalley and the buildings were valued at £35. The house is still extant and occupied and the ruins of the corn mill are still visible.
|Clonmore||Dolla||Nenagh||Ballynaclogh 84||Upper Ormond||Tipperary||
R872 713 Discovery map #59. OS Sheet #26.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links