Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
This house was the seat of the Willington family. In 1837 Lewis wrote that Killoskehane Castle "includes part of the ancient castle in the modern mansion". The property was held by John Willington in fee at the time of Griffith's Valuation when the buildings were valued at £29+. Edward D. Martin was the occupier of Killoskehane in 1906 and William Costigan in the 1940s. The building is still extant and occupied.
S045 698 Discovery map #59. OS Sheet #28.
Rapla was a Freeman home in the 18th century and was inhabited for a time by the Otways, Phoebe Otway having married Daniel Freeman of Rapla. Wilson, writing in 1786, refers to Rapla as the seat of Mr. Willington. Jonathan Willington, younger brother of John of Killoskehane, was residing at Rapla in 1814 and William Cooper Crawford in 1837. William Cooper Crawford married Sophia Morgan [nee Willington] as her second husband. By the early 1850s John Tuthill was resident holding the house valued at £42+ from William Cooper Crawford. The sale rental of 1850 describes Rapla as a first class house held on a lease for 7 years from the Court of Chancery to John Tuthill. This house no longer exists.
|Rapla North||Kilruane||Nenagh||Nenagh Rural 88||Upper Ormond||Tipperary||
R888 825 Discovery map #59. OS Sheet #15.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links