Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Held in fee by Arthur Ussher at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £68. Lewis refers to it as the seat of A Keily in 1837 when he describes the demesne as "ample and tastefully planned". Local sources suggest Arthur Keily-Ussher commenced building a lavish castle in 1850. The extravagent entrance depleted his funds and the castle was never completed. It was later purchased by the Woodruffe family. In 1906 it was the property of Richard Woodroffe and valued at £68. The house was burned in 1922 and demolished in the 1930s. The elaborate towers are still extant and part of the demesne is a Forestry Service amenity area.
|Ballysaggartmore||Lismore & Mocollop||Lismore||Ballysaggartmore||Coshmore & Coshbride||Waterford||
X007997 Discovery map #81. OS Sheet #21.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links