Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Kingswell was a Lovett property in the 18th and early 19th century.The home of a branch of the Sadlier family in the 19th century, labelled on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map as Sadleirswells House and on the later 25-inch edition as Kingswell House. In 1840 the Ordnance Survey Name Books record that they were seeking the opinion of the then owner William Sadlier as to the name under which the house should appear. Occupied by Richard Sadlier in 1814, by W. Sadlier in 1837 and held by Richard Sadlier in fee at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when the house was valued at £35. Home of a branch of the Massy family in the second half of the 19th century. The sale rental of January 1854 shows that the house was leased to John Massy on 23 January 1852 by Robert W. R. Sadleir for the life of John Massy or 31 years. This house is now demolished although yard buildings and garden follies remain in existence.
|Sadleirswells||Tipperary||Tipperary||Tipperary Rural 169||Clanwilliam||Tipperary||
R893 376 Discovery map #66. OS Sheet #59.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links