The Landowners return of 1876 records Miss E. Kennedy of Ballyshannon owning 597 acres in county Tipperary. The estate of Eliza Mary Kennedy and Annie Josephine Kennedy at Rathordan and Loughnafidora, 641 acres in the barony of Middlethird, county Tipperary, was advertised for sale in May 1885. This property was held with other lands under a grant from the Commissioners of Church Temporalities to Eliza Mary and Anne Josephine Kennedy, both of Ballyshannon House, county Kildare and James Scargill of York dated 27 October 1874. In 1878 Hussey records Miss Elizabeth Kennedy of Ballyshannon, county Donegal [Kildare] owning 547 acres in county Kildare and 828 acres in county Tipperary.
National Archives of Ireland:
Land Judges’ Court Rentals (O’Brien), Kennedy, 8 May 1885, Vol 148 (46), MRGS 39/065, (microfilm copy in NUIG)