Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
The first edition Ordnance Survey map marks Toureen House, later maps show a house located a short distance to the south west. Leet and Lewis records Denis O'Meagher as resident at Toureen. This may be the dairy house and offices recorded in Griffith's Valuation and valued at £3.5 shillings held by Stephen O'Meagher in fee. The 25-inch map of the 1890s indicates Tooreen House and a house and substantial farm are still extant at this site.
S011 293 Discovery map #74. OS Sheet #75.
Toureen Wood House
This house located on the northern fringe of Toureen wood was the home of Philip Maguire in the second half of the 19th century. The site of this house is located near a building marked on the first edition Ordnance Survey map as Maguire's Castle. The sale rental of 1875 refers to a new and comfortable dwelling house on the lands of Toureen, containing 2 good reception rooms, 7 bedrooms. a large kitchen and store room, dairy and pantries. The house was in the owner's possession. A house in the townland of Toureen valued at £7.5 shillings was held in fee by Philip Maguire in the mid 19th century. Lewis records a house known as Kilmoylermore, the residence of "the late Constantine Maguire, Esq."
S012 280 Discovery map #74. OS Sheet #75.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links