Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Leet records Henry White as the proprietor of Goldenville, Golden, in 1814. In 1837 Lewis refers to Golden Hills as the "castellated residence of H. White". Edmond [Edward] Dalton occupied this house in the early 1850s holding it from Henry White. It was valued at £25. By 1858 Thomas Judkin Fitzgerald was occupying Golden Hills or Golden Lodge which was advertised for sale in January 1858 and again in April 1878. In 1878 Golden Hills was described as a "large castellated building" with a drawing room opening into a conservatory, dining room and morning room, 8 bedrooms and a servants' hall. The Irish Tourist Association surveyor records that it was the residence of Thomas Judkin Fitzgerald, High Sheriff of county Tipperary in 1798, known as "Flogging Fitzgerald". In the early 1940s most of the house had disappeared or was incorporated into a modern farmyard.
|Goldenhills||Relickmurry & Athassel||Tipperary||Golden 162||Clanwilliam||Tipperary||
S005 402 Discovery map #66. OS Sheet #60.
J. White was living at Spring Mount in 1837 and at the time of Griffith's Valuation Robert W. White was the occupier, holding the property from William Scully. The house was valued at £17. The Whites were still occupying Spring Mount in the 1870s.
|Springmount||Relickmurry & Athassel||Tipperary||Golden 162||Clanwilliam||Tipperary||
S006 395 Discovery map #66. OS Sheet #60.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links