Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Castlepark House/ Mantle Hill
In 1786 Wilson refers to the seat of Mr. Alleyn on the left at the entrance to Golden. He may be referring to the early house at this site, shown as Castlepark House on the first edition Ordnance Survey map. By the early nineteenth century it was the home of the Creagh family. Richard Creagh was resident in 1814 and 1837 and Lawrence Creagh held the property from Kingsmill Pennefather at the time of Griffith's Valuation. The buildings were valued at £65. Later bought by the Scullys, when it became known as Mantle Hill. Occupied by Vincent Scully in 1906. The house is no longer extant.
|Castlepark||Relickmurry & Athassel||Tipperary||Golden 162||Clanwilliam||Tipperary||
S008 386 Discovery map #66. OS Sheet #60.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links