Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Taylor and Skinner records Rocklowe as the residence of Lowe Esq in the 1770s. Rocklow was the home of Benjamin Frend and his wife, Eliza Gough, in the first half of the 19th century. Benjamin was resident there from at least 1814 to the 1850s. Griffith's Valuation records that it was held from Hugh Barton and was valued at £37+ in the early 1850s. This house later belonged to the Massys and is still in use as a residence.
S196 367 Discovery map #66. OS Sheet #70.
The present house is not marked on the first Ordnance Survey map circa 1840. A house in this townland, valued at £10.10 shillings at the time of Griffith's Valuation, was occupied by Charles Massy who held it from [his brother] Henry W. Massy. In 1894 Slater noted it as the seat of Gen. William Massy. The Massys continue to live at Grantstown until at least 1906. Still extant and occupied.
R960 389 Discovery map #66. OS Sheet #59.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links