Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Cordangan was a Cooke family residence in the 18th and 19th centuries, occupied by John Cooke in 1814. The Ordnance Survey Name Books refer to it as being "in very good repair, the residence of J. Cooke". in the early 1850s it was occupied by Thomas Cooke. The property was held from the Smith Barry estate and the buildings were valued at £26. Slater refers to it as the residence of Horatio Townsend in 1894. In 1906 it was in the possession of Lord Barrymore and valued at £53. It is still extant.
|Cordangan||Cordangan||Tipperary||Tipperary Rural 169||Clanwilliam||Tipperary||
R905 333 Discovery map #66. OS Sheet #67.
The Ordnance Survey Name Books refer to correspondence with John Cooke in the parish of Glenkeen in 1840. This house was occupied by Mrs Margaret Cooke in the mid 19th century and held from the Earl of Portarlington, valued at £13.10 shillings. John W. Cooke was resident here in the 1870s. Fort William is still extant and occupied.
|Garrane||Glenkeen||Thurles||Borrisoleigh 122||Kilnamanagh Upper||Tipperary||
S026 658 Discovery map #59. OS Sheet #34.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links