Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Described in 1750 as "an handsome house, with elegant plantations" inhabited by Simeon Marshal, Surveyor General of Munster. Occupied by Ousley esq in the 1770s and 1780s, this house was the home of Richard Perry in 1814 and of T. Ware in 1837. It was valued at £30 at the time of Griffith's Valuation and still held by Thomas Weir from Charles Haynes. Later the home of the Carroll-Leahy family. In 1944 the Irish Tourist Association survey reported that it was a novitiate for the Sisters of St. Francis. This house now functions as Mount Alvernia Hospital.
|Kilvealaton East||Kilshannig||Mallow||Kilshannig 248||Duhallow||Cork||
W532 972 Discovery map #80. OS Sheet #32.
Daniel Leah yheld this property in fee at the time of Griffith's Valuation though it is not clear if he was occupying it. It was valued at almost £5. The National Inventory of Architectural Heritage suggests it was built c.1830 and altered in the early twentieth century. It is still extant and occupied and has been offered for sale in recent years.
V683462 Discovery map #. OS Sheet #115.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links