Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Lewis records Tillyra as the seat of J. Martyn. Tullira was originally a tower house which was modified at various times. The OS Name Books record it as a tower house with a modern house attached. The gardens included a hot house. In 1906 it was the property of Edward Martyn when the buildings were valued at £100. It is still extant and was the home of Lord and Lady Hemphill in the 20th century. It has had a number of owners since then and in 2013 was offered for sale.
M473096 Discovery map #52. OS Sheet #114.
Occupied by Dr Samuel Hemphill and held by Samuel Hemphill Esq in fee at the time of Griffith's Valuation when the house was valued at £5.15 shillings.
S212 465 Discovery map #67. OS Sheet #54.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links