Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
This house also know as Larchfield was built by Solomon Watson at the end of the 18th century as a dower house for Summerville (Bence Jones). Leet records Larchfield as unoccupied in 1814. J. Bagwell was resident at Glenconnor in 1837 and Pierce Gough in the early 1850s when the house was valued at £23.10 shillings. Alderman William Byrne of Clonmel was resident here in the 1870s. Additions were made to the house in the 1880s and it was owned by a Colonel George Elliot in the early 20th century who sold it in 1938 to H.J.Cleeve.
|Glenconnor||Kiltegan||Clonmel||Inishlounaght 82||Iffa and Offa East||Tipperary||
S183 232 Discovery map #74. OS Sheet #83.
Pastor Ville [Kockboy]
In 1840 the Ordnance Survey Name Books refer to Pastorville as a gentleman's seat and to Micheal Meeghan as the proprietor. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Timothy Meighan held a house at Knockboy valued at £10.15 shillings and 15 acres from Edmund Byrne. This appears to be the house Pastor Ville marked on the first Ordnance Survey map and on the later 25-inch map of the 1890s. Buildings are still located at this site.
S265 543 Discovery map #67. OS Sheet #49.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links