Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
in 1851 Cappoquin House was held in fee by Sir Richard Keane and valued at £56 15s.IN 1786, Wilson refers to the house at Cappoquin as Bellmont, the seat of John Kane. The 1855 sale notice describes it as a "handsome, modern and extensive building". In 1906 it was the residence of Lady Adelaide Keane and valued at over £57. Bence-Jones notes that it was burnt in 1923 but later rebuilt in the same style. The ITA survey in the early 1940s noted that the library and art collection were destroyed in the 1923 fire. It is still extant and occupied by the Keane family. The house and gardens are open to the public at certain times.
|Cappoquin Demesne||Lismore & Mocollop||Lismore||Cappoquin 60||Coshmore & Coshbride||Waterford||
X102997 Discovery map #81. OS Sheet #21.
Leased by Sir Richard Keane to John Keane in 1851 when it was valued at £14. The 1855 sale notice describes it as "a handsome cottage". Later in the possession of Justin Deane Freeman and leased to Thomas Haly. Offerd for sale in the Landed Estates Court in February 1864, when the owner was Charles St. John Herbert and the petitioner, Maria Deane Freeman. The house is still extant and occupied.
|Lyre East||Lismore & Mocollop||Lismore||Cappoquin 60||Coshmore & Coshbride||Waterford||
S114011 Discovery map #74. OS Sheet #21.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links