Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
The home of the Hamerton family in the 19th century, occupied by John Hamerton in 1814. Mathew Hamerton was the occupier in the early 1850s holding the house from Major William M. Hamerton. The buildings were valued at £18+.
|Orchardstown West||Newchapel||Clonmel||Lisronagh 82||Iffa and Offa East||Tipperary||
S191 272 Discovery map #74. OS Sheet #77.
A property granted to John Walsh in 1679. Lewis describes this house as the "elegant residence of Major General Sir Hugh Gough". Viscount Gough was still resident in the mid 19th century when the buildings were valued at £47+ and held from Major William M. Hamerton. This property was in the possession of the Whalley family in the late 19th century. A house is still extant at the site.
|Rathronan Demesne||Rathronan||Clonmel||Clonmel Rural 73||Iffa and Offa East||Tipperary||
S192 263 Discovery map #74. OS Sheet #77.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links