Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
This house was the home of the Briscoe family in the 19th century. In 1841 The Ordnance Survey Name Books described it as "handsomely situated...having plantations, gardens, orchard and ornamental grounds". Henry Briscoe was the occupier at the time of Griffith's Valuation when the buildings were valued at £26 and in the 1870s Henry W. Briscoe of Tinvane owned 127 acres. The property was held from the Earl of Bessborough. Now function as a guest house known as Cedarfield House. For an older image of this house, see http://www.waterfordcountyimages.org/exhibit/web/DisplayWAIImage/K0fV5VPbSPSwE/
|Tinvane||Carrick||Carrick on Suir||Carrick on Suir Urban 30||Iffa and Offa East||Tipperary||
S417 228 Discovery map #75. OS Sheet #85.
In the mid 19th century Henry Briscoe was occupying a house valued at £10.19 shillings and held from Captain Richard Long. This house is still extant.
S241 291 Discovery map #75. OS Sheet #77.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links