The fee simple estate of Mary Theresa Barry amounting to 4,993 acres mainly in the parish of Dunbulloge, barony of Barrymore, county Cork, was advertised for sale in July 1870. Most of the tenants of the estate held on leases from Lord Fermoy dated 1857-1862 although the estate appears to have been in the possession of Lord Midleton at the time of Griffith's Valuation. The wife of St Leger Barry of Ballyclough was named Mary Caroline Theresa (Carr) but according to Burke's ''Landed Gentry of Ireland'' he did not marry her until 1883.
National Archives of Ireland:
Landed Estates’ Court Rentals (O’Brien), Barry, 8 July 1870, Vol 98 (23), MRGS 39/046, (microfilm copy in NUIG)