Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Bence Jones writes that this house was built by Lady Margaret Charteris in the early 1860s to the design of Lanyon, Lynn and Lanyon. Valued at £45 in 1906, the house burnt down in the 1960s after being sold following the death of Lieutenant Colonel R.B. Charteris in 1961. Also known as Cahir Lodge.
|Carrigeen||Caher||Clogheen||Caher 65||Iffa and Offa West||Tipperary||
S048 248 Discovery map #74. OS Sheet #75.
A house lived in by the Butler family when they ceased to use Caher Castle as a residence. Wilson mentions the seat of Lord Caher in the town. Located in the town square of Caher it now functions as a hotel. Leet records Lord Cahir as resident at Cahir Castle in 1814 but by 1837 Lewis writes that Cahir House was the seat of the Earl of Glengall. He held this house in fee at the time of Griffith's Valuation when it was valued at £100.
|Townparks||Caher||Clogheen||Caher 65||Iffa and Offa West||Tipperary||
S052 247 Discovery map #74. OS Sheet #75.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links