Lord Charles Pelham Clinton was the second son of Henry P. Clinton, 4th Duke of Newcastle, Clumber Park, Nottinghamshire . Lord Clinton was Member of Parliament for Sandwich. Prendergast writes in his letter (7 Oct 1854) to the Earl of Bantry that Lord Charles Pelham Clinton bought the 4,377 acre estate of Bere Island and the 5,788 acre estate of Berehaven on the mainland, both of which were advertised for sale in the Encumbered Estates' Court on 25 November 1853, believing them to be unencumbered. He was among the principal lessors in the parish of Kilmoe, West Carbery, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. In the parliamentary return of 1876 Lord C.P. Clinton is recorded as the owner of 4,563 acres in county Cork, while Hussey records him as the owner of 13,563 acres in the county in 1878.
National Archives of Ireland:
Baker, Ringwood & Gordon, solicitor's collection, includes documents including a rental relating to the estate at Crookhaven, Co. Cork, of C. S. P. Clinton, 19th c. Small Accs. Index 105,
M. 3724 (1-9)