Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
A branch of the Nagle family lived at Garnavilla in the 18th century. They held it on a lease from Lord Caher. James Archer Butler was the occupant of this house in 1837 and in the early 1850s when the house was valued at £21 and held from the Earl of Glengall. A building is still extant at this location.
|Garnavilla||Caher||Clogheen||Caher 65||Iffa and Offa West||Tipperary||
S067 212 Discovery map #74. OS Sheet #81.
This early 19th century building was the residence of James A. Butler in the 1830s. In 1840 the Ordnance Survey Name Books note that it was the residence of the parish priest of Templeneiry. The Reverend William Kane was resident in the early 1850s when the buildings were valued at £9.15 shillings and held from James A. Butler. Aherlow Castle was later the property of the Moores of Mooresfort. Count Charles Moore was the occupier in 1906 when the buildings were valued at £20. In the 21st century the ruined castle has been restored and is now available as a rental property. See https://www.aherlowcastle.ie/.
R932324 Discovery map #66. OS Sheet #67.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links