Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Lewis refers to Fermoy House in 1837 as the residence of the late J. Anderson “to whom not only the town owes its prosperity but the entire country…”. It was then occupied by Mrs Hennis. The Reverend Maurice Collis was in residence by the time of Griffith's Valuation. He held the property from Sir Robert Abercrombie and the buildings were valued at over £50. In 1786 Wilson writes of a house at Fermoy, the seat of Mr. Bryan. The Irish Tourist Association Survey of 1942 states that Fermoy House was then the property of Maurice Cooke Collis and was divided into five flats. The house was demolished in the 1960s.
|Carrignagroghera||Fermoy||Fermoy||Fermoy Rural 140||Condons & Clangibbon||Cork||
W809 986 Discovery map #81. OS Sheet #35.
In the early 1850s Francis Hennis occupied a house valued at £30 from William Howe Hennis. A building still exists at this site.
|Garranedarragh||St Finbars||Cork||Inishkenny 70||Cork||Cork||
W644 689 Discovery map #87. OS Sheet #74.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links