Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Oakport was the home of the Reverend William French, fourth son of John French of French Park, in the early 18th century. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Oakport House, the property of Thomas William Goff, is recorded as "unoccupied". A house is still extant at the site.
|Oakport Demesne||Ardcarn||Boyle||Oakport 35||Boyle||Roscommon||
G879037 Discovery map #33. OS Sheet #6.
The seat of the Mulloy family is described as Hughestown but at the time of Griffith's Valuation the buildings at this location are described as "offices" and have a low valuation. C.M. Mulloy was resident at "Husetown"in 1749. Wilson refers to Hughes-town as the seat of Mr. Molloy in 1786. In 1814 Hughestown was the seat of Mulloy McDermott.
G897005 Discovery map #33. OS Sheet #7.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links