Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Named after Richard Beare who held this land in the early 18th century, the house was built in 1807-1808 by Robert Delacour, a partner in the Delacour bank of Mallow. Townsend writes that it was designed by Richard Morrison. Delacour was living in the house in 1814 but had vacated it by 1837. At the time of Griffith's Valuation it was occupied by John Hugh Bainbridge who held it from James Murphy. The buildings were valued at £70. Bence Jones records the Purdon Coote family as later owners. The house was burnt in June 1921 during the War of Independence when it was the residence of Maj. Charles Purdon Coote but was rebuilt.
|Bearforest Lower||Mallow||Mallow||Mallow North Urban 251||Fermoy||Cork||
W565 975 Discovery map #80. OS Sheet #33.
The residence of G. Britton in 1814 and of Lieutenant Boyle Hill in 1837. Occupied by John H. Bainbridge at the time of Griffith's Valuation. He held the property in fee and the house was valued at £22. The house is not labelled on the 25-inch Ordnance Survey map of the 1890s and is no longer extant.
W671688 Discovery map #87. OS Sheet #74.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links