Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Smith records Mr Onesiphorus Phaire as resident at Grange, Ovens, in 1750. Wilson, writing in 1786, refers to it as the seat of Mr. Whyte. This house was the home of the Hawkes family in the 19th century, occupied by J. Hawkes in 1814 and 1837 and by John Hawkes in the early 1850s, when the house was valued at £12 and held from Sir John Walsh. A house is still extant at the site.
|Grange||Athnowen||Bandon||Ballygroman 18||East Muskerry||Cork||
W562 688 Discovery map #86. OS Sheet #85.
Occupied by Whyte Esq in the 1770s Wilson refers to this property as Rochfordstown in 1786. George M. White was the owner in 1837 and held by him in fee at the time of Griffith's Valuation when the house was valued at £35. Lucia P. Hawkes was recorded as the occupier of two mansion houses in this townland in 1906, one valued at £27 and the other at £53. Castle White is still extant.
W629 677 Discovery map #86. OS Sheet #86.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links