Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Oldcourt was the seat of the Goold family baronets until 1852 when it was bought by Alexander Glasgow. The sale rental of March 1852 includes a lithograph of Oldcourt. Griffith's Valuation records Glasgow holding the property in fee and the buildings were valued at £68. The Glasgows leased the house until it was bought in the early 20th century by Henry O'Shea although Alexander J. Glasgow is recorded as the occupier in 1906 when it was valued at £51. Henry O'Shea sold it to the Brothers of Charity in 1934 whose services used it as a Special Needs school. It is still extant.
W733 679 Discovery map #87. OS Sheet #87.
Robert Sparrow was leasing this property from the Greene estate in 1850 when it was valued at over £72. It was offered for sale as part of William Greene's estate in July and December 1852. The sale notice includes a lithograph of the castle. It was bought by Alexander Glasgow who sold it on to the Earl of Donoughmore in 1855. Earlier, in 1786, Wilson notes it as the seat of Mr. Greene. In 1837, Lewis refers to it as the seat of Lt. Col. Nuttall Greene. Hussey records Thomas Wright Watson of Kilmanahan Castle in the mid 1870s. In 1906 it was part of th Donoughmore estate and valued at £45. It is still extant.
S142192 Discovery map #74. OS Sheet #1.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links