Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Carrigmore House (Kinneigh)
James Lysatt [Lysaght] held a property in fee here, valued at £46, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Bence Jones states that it was built in 1842 by James Lysaght on the site of an earlier house known as Connorville, which had been purchased by Lysaght from the Connor family. In 1837 Lewis had referred to it as "the deserted and dilapidated mansion of the O'Connors." In 1783 Taylor and Skinner had indicated Connorsville as a seat of the Connor family as had Wilson in 1786. An adjacent smaller house, known as Laurel Hill, was held by Adderley Bernard in 1851. Carrigmore House and 312 acres, the estate of James Lysaght, were advertised for sale in July 1853. A lithograph of the house is included in the sale rental. Lyons indicates that the estate was sold privately to James L. Holmes. Carrigmore and Laurel Hill were offered for sale in the Landed Estates Court in 1876, as part of the sale of the Holmes estate. Donnelly states that it was burnt in October 1920 during the War of Independence when it was the property of James H. Morton. The house is now derelict.
|Dromidiclogh West||Kinneigh||Dunmanway||Kinneigh 115||East Carbery (West)||Cork||
W313541 Discovery map #86. OS Sheet #108.
Held from Benjamin H. Holmes by William Hayle in 1851 when it was valued at £13. Now demolished.
|Underhill||Fanlobbus||Dunmanway||Dunmanway 124||East Carbery (West)||Cork||
W234518 Discovery map #85. OS Sheet #107.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links