Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
A mainly 18th century house, cited by Wilson as the seat of John Hely Hutchinson in 1786. In 1840 the Ordnance Survey Name Books describe it as "spacious and handsome, having a fine plain front". It was valued at £70 in the mid 19th century, the seat of the Earls of Donoughmore until 1983, though Walford mentions Samuel H. Goold-Adams of Knocklofty in 1885. The Irish Tourist Association surveyor writes that Knocklofty was De Valera's headquarters for a time during the Civil War. Until recently it served as a hotel but in 2013 it was offered for sale.
|Knocklofty||Tullaghmelan||Clogheen||Tullaghmelan 63||Iffa and Offa West||Tipperary||
S143 198 Discovery map #74. OS Sheet #82.
The home of the Adams family, occupied by Michael Go[o]ld Adams in 1814 and by Richard W. G. Adams in 1837 and in the early 1850s when the house was valued at £60 and held from the Marquess of Thomond. Occupied by William R. G. Adams in 1906. Recently renovated and restored.
W877 676 Discovery map #81. OS Sheet #88.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links