Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Lewis records the Reverend Dr Austen as resident at Hadwell in 1837 [this may have been the nearby glebe house] and J. Penrose at Hadwell Lodge. In the early 1850s the Reverend Robert Austin occupied Hadwell Lodge. It was valued at £50 and held from William Gearin. By the 1890s this property had become known as Hadwell House. It is described as "in ruins" on the 1940 edition Ordnance Survey map.
W843649 Discovery map #81. OS Sheet #88.
J. Roche occupied this house in 1837. He built Aghada House and had a daughter who married [Henry] O'Brien of Whitepoint and they had a daughter who married her cousin William Roche. William Fitzgibbon was resident at Aghada House at the time of Griffith's Valuation when the house was valued at £35 and held from Henry O'Brien. It was the seat of William de Wilton R. Thackwell in 1894. http://www.archive.org/stream/barrymorerecords00barr/barrymorerecords00barr_djvu.txts
W851 654 Discovery map #81. OS Sheet #84.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links