Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Built in 1814, the home of Major John Knox, sixth son of Francis Knox of Rappa and sold by his daughter Florence to her cousin, a Knox of Mount Falcon. The Armitages lived at Greenwoodpark in the 20th century but the house is now a ruin.
G153 228 Discovery map #23. OS Sheet #29.
Also known as Knockglass House, this residence was situated close to the demesne of Greenwoodpark. At the time of Griffith's Valuation it was leased by John McDonnell from Major Knox when it was valued at £6. It is labelled Knockglass House on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map but appears to be in ruins by the publication of the 25-inch edition map in the 1890s.
G141 229 Discovery map #23. OS Sheet #29.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links