Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
The home of the O'Brien family in the 18th and 19th centuries, sold by them in the mid 19th century. Cornelius O'Brien was the occupant in 1837 and at the time of Griffith's Valuation. He held the house valued at £17.15 shillings from James Reid. Kilcor was bought by Francis Doyne Dwyer and later passed to the Phipps family through marriage. In the 1940s the Irish Tourist Association Survey reported that it was the residence of Captain H. Phipps.
|Kilcor North||Castlelyons||Fermoy||Kilcor 136||Barrymore||Cork||
W865 909 Discovery map #81. OS Sheet #45.
In 1837 Lewis refers to the ruins of Ballyquirk castle "near which is a handsome modern house of that name". Colonel Henry Dwyer was the occupant in the mid 19th century, holding the house valued at £32 and 716 acres from Edward Newingham.
|Ballyquirk||Lorrha||Borrisokane||Lorrha West 18||Lower Ormond||Tipperary||
M911 019 Discovery map #53. OS Sheet #4.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links