Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Careysville Castle, originally known as Ballymacpatrick Castle, was the seat of the Carey family from the late 17th century. In 1750 Careysville was occupied by John Carey and Peter Carey was resident in 1814. In 1837 Lewis refers to “the handsome modern mansion built on the site of Careysville castle” by E.K. Carey. Valued at £50 in the mid 19th century the Careys held this property in fee. Inherited by the Montgomerys of Killee and sold by them to the Duke of Devonshire in the mid 20th century. In 1942 the Irish Tourist Association Survey noted that the house was then unoccupied as Captain Montgomery had moved into a modern bungalow nearby. Careysville is now in use as a fishing lodge offering luxury accommodation.
|Careysville||Clondulane||Fermoy||Coole 139||Condons & Clangibbon||Cork||
W855 995 Discovery map #81. OS Sheet #36.
Dr Langer Carey was a member of the Careyville family. He lived at Churchfield House, Newport in the mid 19th century, valued at £17.10 shillings and held from Lady Waller. A house is still extant at the site.
|Newport||Kilvellane||Nenagh||Newport 96||Owney and Arra||Tipperary||
R724 625 Discovery map #59. OS Sheet #37.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links