Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Originally a Fitzgerald stronghold, the Jephsons lived at Mallow from the early 17th century until the late 20th century. The castle was abandoned in the late 17th century and the stables converted into a dwelling house. This building was extended by the Jephsons in the 18th century and Wilson, writing in 1786, states "the seat of Denham Jephson which is greatly deserving of the notice of a traveller". Lewis refers to the rebuilding of the castle in 1837 by Sir Denham Jephson. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the buildings were valued at £80. Slater refers to it as the residence of Miss Norreys in 1894. In 1942 the Irish Tourist Association Survey noted that the building had a fine library. Mallow Castle was sold by the Jephsons in 1984.
|Castlelands||Mallow||Mallow||Mallow North Urban 251 & South Urban 252||Fermoy||Cork||
W564 983 Discovery map #80. OS Sheet #33.
A house on the Jephson estate, probably used as a dower house or agent's residence. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the buildings were valued at £10 and Sir C. D. Jephson Norreys is recorded as occupier. This house was not in use at the end of the 20th century.
|Bearforest Lower||Mallow||Mallow||Mallow North Urban 251||Fermoy||Cork||
W564 977 Discovery map #80. OS Sheet #33.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links