Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
The Jones had a house here in the eighteenth century as Wilson refers to Banada as the seat of Mr. Jones in 1786. It was held in fee by Rev. Daniel Jones at the time of Griffith's Valuation when it was valued at £17. In 1858 it was transferred to the Sisters of Charity who ran a girls' school and orphanage there. In the twentieth century it became a secondary school and continued in that role until 2004 when it was sold to a private developer.
G464103 Discovery map #24. OS Sheet #37.
A summer residence of the Jones family of Benada. In 1857 held in fee by Daniel Jones and valued at £3. The house became derelict in the twentieth century but has since been restored.
|Altanelvick||Dromard||Dromore West||Dromard East 24||Tireragh||Sligo||
G580290 Discovery map #25. OS Sheet #19.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links