Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
A branch of the Foott family were resident at Springfort from the early 18th century. The house was occupied by James Foot in 1814 and by [his grandson] another James Foote in the early 1850s, who held the property from the Earl of Limerick. Hajba writes that Springfort Hall was bought by Charles W. Wyatt in 1854 and sold again four years later to Captain Spencer Stewart, a grandson of the 7th Earl of Galloway. Springfort remained in the possession of the Stewart family until the beginning of the 20th century. It was leased to Commander Hans Thomas Fell White in 1895. It now functions as a country house hotel.
|Baltydaniel East||Caherduggan||Mallow||Kilcummer 131||Fermoy||Cork||
R551 038 Discovery map #73. OS Sheet #25.
The White family resided at Kilburn from the early 18th century to the mid 20th century. The original building was replaced by a new house built in the late 1820s. This building was valued at £35 in the early 1850s. From 1903 to 1938 this house was the home of Colonel James Grove White who compiled the work ''Historical and Topographical Notes on Buttevant, Castletownroche, Doneraile and Mallow.'' The house was partly demolished in the mid 20th century.
R585 058 Discovery map #73. OS Sheet #25.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links