Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
A house on the Putland estate in county Cork, built by Dean Davies early in the 18th century and occupied by his family until the early 19th century. In the 1940s the Irish Tourist Association Survey claimed that he had built the house following his "being turned out of Blarney Castle by the Hollow Blade Company". George Davis was resident in 1810. Occupied by Edmond Mullane in the early 1850s and valued at £12. In the 1940s it was the residence of John Turpin. The house was accidently burnt down in 1956.
|Dawstown||Garrycloyne||Cork||Blarney 72||East Muskerry||Cork||
W581 795 Discovery map #80. OS Sheet #62.
In 1837 Lewis refers to Sarsfieldscourt as an ancient mansion "formerly belonging to the Sarsfield family but now to Mr Rutland [Putland] of Dublin". On the first Ordnance Survey map one building is marked as "in ruins". Another building also named Sarsfield's Court is marked closer to the Glashaboy River. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Charles Putland junior was recorded as occupier, holding the house valued at £13 from his father Charles Putland. This latter property is labelled Beechmount on the 25-inch Ordnance Survey map of the 1890s. A property labelled Sarsfieldcourt House is also located in the townland on the later map [W723779]. It is no longer extant and St.Stephen's Hospital now occupies the grounds.
W725 774 Discovery map #80. OS Sheet #63.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links