Colonel Joshua Henry Cooper of Dunboden Park, Mullingar, county Westmeath, owned over 1700 acres in county Cork in the 1870s as well as lands in Westmeath. He was the second son of Richard Cooper and his wife the Honourable Emilia Frankfort de Montmorency. Richard Cooper was among the principal lessors in the parish of Killanully, barony of Kerrycurrihy, county Cork, in the 1850s. This family were a branch of the Coopers of Markree Castle, county Sligo. Colonel Joshua Henry Cooper's younger brother Colonel Richard Augustus Cooper of Kilcloonagh, county Tipperary and Warwickshire owned 1,623 acres in county Tipperary, 1,549 acres in county Mayo and 677 acres in county Limerick in the 1870s. He married his cousin Cecily Cooper of Markree Castle. In the mid 19th century Richard Cooper held land in the county Tipperary parishes of Athnid and Inch, barony of Eliogarty. The eldes son of Richard W. Cooper and his wife Emilia De Montmorency was Edward Henry Cooper who held the townland of Ballyknockane in the parish of Templetuohy, barony of Ikerrin, county Tipperary in the mid 19th century. This property was leased to Paul Aitchison in 1856 and advertised for sale in January 1864. Edward Henry Cooper succeeded his uncle at Markree in 1863.
National Archives of Ireland:
Landed Estates’ Court Rentals (O’Brien), Aitchison, 6 Jan 1864, Vol 71 (1), MRGS 39/035, (microfilm copy in NUIG)