Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
John Hennessy was leasing this property from Richard Creagh and Thomas Leane at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £13. A house is still extant at this site.
W695524 Discovery map #87. OS Sheet #112.
Substanial buildings are marked at the site of Ballindeasig House on the first Ordnance Survey map and at the time of Griffith's Valuation the house valued at £18 was occupied and held by Richard Kenefick in fee. Ballindeasig was conveyed to John C. Hennessy by Richard Kenefick in 1853. It was the home of Michael Hennessy in the late 19th century and was left by Miss Minnie Hennessy to Bishop Cohalan of Cork in 1937. The house was then converted into a holiday home for the Sisters of Mercy Order. Now known as Tabor Lodge it is a centre for the treatment of substance abuse. see www.taborlodge.ie/
W735 535 Discovery map #87. OS Sheet #113.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links